Saturday, February 26, 2011

Passion for Purple Fashion - Challenge

In my closet I have an entire section dedicated to PURPLE.  Purple skirts, shirts, jackets, sweaters..you name it.  These items have been collected over the years because of customer demand.  At first it was little hints during the Farmer's Markets like, "You should wear purple to match your booth". 
So we did.
Then on the days we forgot to wear purple it was, "Why are you not wearing purple? You are the Lavender Ladies, you need to be wearing purple".
Anyhow, long story short, we now have an eye for ANYTHING purple or lavender. So of course when we saw this darling little "Lavender Baby" decked out in her lavender dress riding a purple pony, we had to get a picture. 
A real "Lavender Baby". So Cute!

 The entire time I was taking her picture the song by Blood, Sweat & Tears: Spinning Wheel, kept going through my head.  Especially the first part, "What goes up, must come down",  because she kept sliding off the back of the rocking horse.  Her cute little tights did not supply any traction.  

I also think that the lyrics should be changed to, "Ride a PURPLE pony, let the spinning wheel fly" instead of, "Ride a painted pony....".  And I am sure that I am taking the lyrics way to literal and out of context, but what can I say?  I am only 29 and the 60's are still a mystery to me.

PASSION FOR PURPLE FASHION CHALLENGE:
SO, if you to have a Passion for Purple Fashion, send me a picture of YOUR interpenetration of the perfect purple outfit or accessory and I will post them here on the blog. 
Remember to keep them tasteful. 
Ideas:  If you are a Gardener and you have a pair of purple overalls that you wear every time you garden, submit a picture of you in your garden in your purple overalls.  If you are a Baker and have a purple apron, send in a picture of you baking in your purple apron.

WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN:
Once there are 20 photos I will draw a number (1-20) from my hat to choose the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment